Everyone is not immune to the attack of the munchies. Sadly, it is this craving for snacks that has led many people to become overweight and obese, largely because they have been munching on foods that are not very healthy for them. Sadly, when it comes to the Paleo Diet, a lot of individuals harbor the erroneous belief that Paleo Diet snacks are not very tasty.
Nothing can be further than the truth! In fact, there are literally hundreds of Paleo Diet snacks recipes on the Internet just waiting for you to download them and try out in your kitchens.
Here are some yummy Paleo Diet snacks recipes that have been whipped up by Mark’s Daily Apple.com (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/)…
Primal Veggie Chips
1 large, ripe eggplant
2 cups cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut off the ends of the eggplant. Shred it in a food processor.
3. Mix your shredded eggplant with cheese and eggs
4. Lump this mixture onto cookie shapes that had been pre-greased. Smooth them so that you make six circles of 8 inches in diameter.
5. Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.
6. Flip the circles over to bake the other side. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
7. When cooked, remove them from the oven.
8. With a pizza cutter, cut them into triangles. Let them cool on a rack for 6 to 8 hours.
9. Sprinkle with garlic salt, popcorn seasoning or other seasonings that you prefer.
10. You can consume this immediately or store them for 1 week in a Ziploc bag.
Son of Grok’s Primal Pizza Recipe
2 cups almond flour or almond meal
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 can Tomato Paste
1-2 cups Water
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Garlic
Choose the toppings that you like. But since this is Paleo, choose toppings made from foods that are approved in the Paleo Diet Food List
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until you have a ball of dough. To prevent your dough from becoming mushy, continue adding almond flour until you have the right consistency.
3. Grease your baking sheet so that the pizza will not stick to it.
4. Press and flatten the dough on the sheet so that it is 1/2 inch thick at the edges and 1/4 inch thick in the middle.
5. Bake the crust in the oven for 15 minutes or until it is slightly golden brown in color.
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan. Continue adding water until you get the desired thickness. You can also add more spices.
2. Let the sauce simmer on the stove for 15 minutes.
Pre-cook the meats that you are going to put as toppings. Already shred vegetables, such as spinach. For cheese, you can make a half-half mix of Swiss and Mozzarella cheeses.
1. After you pop the crust out of your oven, make sure that you spread the sauce evenly on top.
2. Sprinkle your toppings evenly on top of the sauce.
3. Put your pizza back in the oven. Let it bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for another 15 minutes or until the cheese has evenly melted.
4. Once cooked, remove from the oven and cut into slices.
Discover other yummy Paleo diet snacks recipes on the Internet today!
Comments are closed.