For those who are striving to achieve significant weight loss or change their present diet to something healthier, the Paleo Diet may seem like the solution to all their weight-related problems. Great is the interest in this diet that many individuals are meticulously researching the Internet and their local bookstores for the Paleo Diet Food List and other important information.
Welcome To My Paleo Diet Food Site!
The Paleo Diet is short for the Paleolithic Diet. It works on the theory that slow human evolution has not enabled our digestive systems to adapt to foods that have been agriculturally cultivated. Simply put, it focuses on eating typical caveman fare, namely meat, fruits and vegetables.
The Paleo Diet Plan does not include grains, legumes, dairy products, and processed and packaged foods. Because this diet is very restrictive, many dieters may find it difficult to stick with it for the long term, especially since it also prohibits the use of seasonings like salt and vinegar. There is also the fact that genuine organic foods, which the diet requires, are more expensive. Still, those who have tried this diet can attest to its effectiveness.
Paleo Diet Food List Menu
When coming up with Paleo Diet Menus, it is very important to know which foods are acceptable. Listed below are the specific foods that you should include in your Paleo Diet Recipes…
- Meat = Pork, beef, lamb, veal, goat, rabbit, sheep, etc.
- Game Meat = Deer, wild turkey, bear, moose, woodcock, reindeer, etc.
- Poultry = Chicken, duck, goose, quail, turkey, etc.
- Eggs = Chicken eggs, goose eggs, duck eggs, quail eggs, etc.
- Fish = Salmon, trout, tuna, halibut, sole, cod, tilapia, mackerel, herring, anchovy, turbot, etc.
- Shellfish = Clams, oysters, mussels, scallops, etc.
- Crustaceans = Shrimp, lobster, crab, etc.
- Green leafy vegetables = Cabbage, spinach, lettuce, watercress, arugula, bok choy, mustard green, beet tops, etc.
- Root vegetables = Beets, turnips, carrots, radish, yams, sweet potatoes, cassava, etc.
- Other vegetables = Tomatoes, onions, celery, leeks, eggplants, green onions, broccoli, cucumber, asparagus, artichokes, okra, Brussels sprouts, squash, etc.
- Fruits = Apple, orange, banana, all types of edible berries, peaches, pears, pineapple, papaya, grapes, kiwi fruit, mango, tangerines, persimmons, lime, watermelon, lychees, honeydew melon, etc.
- Nuts and seeds = Sunflower, Brazil, pumpkin, pistachios, chestnuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, macadamia nuts, etc.
- Mushrooms = Button, oyster, chanterelle, shiitake, morel, porcine, etc.
- Herbs (Fresh and Dried) = Chives, rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, dill, coriander, parsley, mint, lavender, etc.
- Spices/Natural Flavor Enhancers = Onions, garlic, ginger, black pepper, hot peppers, chili, mustard seeds, cumin, turmeric, nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon, etc.
Learn More About Paleo Diet Food List
This is just a partial Paleo Diet Food List. To get a more complete listing, there are a number of great resources on the Internet.
For those who are concerned about the fat content of the meats recommended, the Paleo Diet emphasizes the consumption of lean red meats, not those with white streaks of fat. Because salt is restricted in this diet, you should substitute it with spices and natural flavor enhancers mentioned above. An excellent substitute is celery because of its high sodium content. For frying, do not use commercially processed cooking oils, butter and fats. Substitute them with fruit and vegetable oils or olive oil. Other foods that should be avoided include sugars and alcohol.
Learn more about the Paleo Diet Food List today!
Comments are closed.