Paleo diet desserts recipes show that you can still eat scrumptious desserts with healthy ingredients.
It is a common misconception among dieters that, because of the many foods excluded in the Paleo Diet, you won’t be able to eat delicious dishes. This is especially true for desserts wherein the use of sugar and artificial sweeteners is prohibited.
However, you can still have your favorite pastries and eat them too with Paleo diet desserts recipes. All you need to do is to substitute sugar with all-natural sweeteners.
Here are a couple of recipes of Paleo diet desserts taken from Paleofood.com (http://paleofood.com) to show you how it’s done…
Simple Almond Cookies
2 cups almonds
5-6 pitted dates
1 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
pinch sea salt (optional)
1 tbsp alcohol free almond extract
1. Soak the almonds for 24 to 48 hours, making sure that you change the water every 12 hours. Totally remove the final soaking water after 48 hours.
2. Chop the almonds in a food processor, while adding the dates one at a time. If you want your cookies to be sweeter, just add more dates.
3. Add apple cider or apple juice little by little. Do not put in too much that your batter does not hold together. The resulting batter should be sticky.
4. Add all the other ingredients into the batter.
5. Turn the cookies onto wax paper or plastic saran wrap. Let it dry in your oven for 4 to 6 hours at 95 degrees.
6. Flip the cookies over and again dry at 95 degrees for another 4 to 6 hours.
7. Store the cookies in glass or Rubbermaid containers to maintain their moistness.
Banana Coconut Flour Muffins
1 cup coconut flour
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4 tbsp virgin coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut milk
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp sea salt
1. While preparing your ingredients, already preheat your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In one bowl, mix together your coconut flour and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, gradually beat the eggs, adding in the coconut milk, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt. Keep on mixing.
4. To this mixture, add your coconut flour and baking powder mix, and the mashed bananas. Blend them very well in a blender or food processor.
5. Grease with coconut oil 12 muffin caps and fill them with the batter.
6. Bake the muffins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Discover other great Paleo diet desserts recipes today!
Comments are closed.